Learn effective tools to work with client emotions.
Do your clients struggle with chronic anxiety, anger, guilt or feelings of isolation?
Discover how to offer your clients rapid stress relief. Register for level one training now
Affect Regulation Therapy (A.R.T.) consistently provides rapid results, including reduced stress levels, improvement in mood and emotion regulation and increased commitment to therapy. Using a combination of standard psychotherapy methods from developmental, psychodynamic and behavioural psychology, A.R.T. improves client outcomes and is a suitable support for most mental healthcare programs.
Through A.R.T. clients learn to regulate mood and control positive and negative arousal states using three mediums for emotional processing, the cognitive, emotional and the body based self systems. You’ll see immediate and sustained results in clients’ abilities to control affect states and achieve situation appropriate emotional responses.
Benefits of A.R.T. for clients:
- provide immediate stress relief and mood improvement
- improve personality functions including cognitive functioning, learning capacity, resilience to stress, self-expression and socialisation
- assist in the regulation of fight, flight and freeze defensive arousal states
- provide practical, easy and effective self-management skills to use at home for ongoing results
Benefits of A.R.T. training for therapists:
- expand your skills by learning how to incorporate ART techniques into existing therapy protocols
- build a more committed client base
- achieve better outcomes for your clients
A.R.T. supports clients with:
- Adjustment disorders
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Neural deficit disorders
- Personality disorders
- Acute stress disorder
- Trauma and stress
- Childhood and adult emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- (adult children of) Dysfunctional and alcoholic families
- (adult children of) Parents with mental health disorders
You can expand your clinical skills with Level one BENEFITS, Applications, Theory and Research (12 hours online lectures) and then proceed to Level Two PRACTICAL skills training in brief A.R.T. (3) days. Add Level three LONG TERM A.R.T. Training, (4 days) and assist complex clients. Attend an Introduction to A.R.T. seminar or webinar (90 minutes)to discover how clients can benefit. Or participate in ‘Unlocking the Wisdom of Body Memory’ Experiential A.R.T. Workshop - self help tools to lower stress.